On Saturday, April 28, 2018, the National Youth Science Foundation and the June Harless Center for Rural Education and Research Development at Marshall University hosted a STEM workshop for teachers and administrators at the National Youth Science Center.
Workshop activities included:
- Environmental Science
- Soils and Wetlands by Ms. Alyssa Hanna, Staff Botanist, Downstream Strategies
- Stream Health by Mr. Neil Gillies, Director of Science, Cacapon Institute
- Global Warming by Mr. Tom Rodd and Mr. Ian Smith, Friends of Blackwater
- Microcontrollers and Microprocessors by Ms. Kathy Giori, Mozilla and Dr. Jim Egenrider, Qualcomm thinkabit Lab.
- MakeDo by Dr. RJ Webber, Assistant Superintendent for Academics, Novi Community School District, Michigan
Special thanks to Dr. Jim Shuman for providing introductory remarks about Informal STEM Learning and Mr. Eric Goff for providing volunteer assistance.
Thanks as well to the staff of the June Harless Center, especially Dr. Stan Maynard and Dr. Steve Beckelhimer.
Staff representing the NYSF included executive director Dr. Andrew Blackwood and development officer Mr. Rich West.
Click here for the full online gallery.