Spend the summer with us! We are looking for a Summer Social Media Intern to provide support to the NYSF’s Director of External Relations and Development in the creation of online publications and social media content.
Revision: May 20, 2022
Position: Social Media Intern
Location: West Virginia, Remote
Reporting Relationship: Director of External Relations and Development
Classification: Temporary, ~6 hours a week
Pay Scale: $650 Stipend
Employment Dates: 6/13/2022 to 08/01/2022
The Media Intern provides support to the NYSF’s Director of External Relations and Development in the creation of online multimedia publications and social media content.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university at any level.
- Experience with WordPress, video editing, Canva, and Adobe Suite.
- Willingness to create social media content for TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook.
- Ability to pass a background check.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide support in the creation publications especially using Adobe creative suite or Canva.
- Support programming directors by creating press releases and blog posts.
- Applying coherent style to Foundation publications.
- Help coordinate and facilitate the NYSF’s online presence on nysf.com and social media.
- Engage with vested groups through social media and help create content for our various target audiences.
- Provide support to each of the NYSF’s programs by creating short films, photography, or graphics.
- Help maintain digital archives, assisting interesting parties in retrieving photographic, historic, or video content.
To apply to this position, upload a cover letter, your resume, or CV at https://airtable.com/shrsRyJSolQqf8oIY
The National Youth Science Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.