The National Youth Science Academy (NYSAcademy) plans to operate the National Youth Science Camp (NYSCamp) in 2024 as a fully in-person camp. The program will be held from June 29 to July 20, 2024. All selected staph will be required to attend for the entire duration of camp, unless exempted by the NYSCamp Director. If you are interested in attending NYSCamp as a delegate please learn more here.
Please submit a resume/CV, a headshot, and a qualifications & reasons document via this NYSCamp Staph Application.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until all positions are filled. If you have any questions, please send an email to the NYSCamp Director, Kiona Y. Meade.
The National Youth Science Academy strives to provide opportunities for people of all backgrounds, both in our programming and in our staff. Our staff help to foster community in daily life, and we aim to create a welcoming environment for everyone. Thus, underrepresented groups, such as women and BIPOC, are encouraged to apply.
- Operations Coordinator
- Logistics Coordinator
- Camp Physician/Nurse/Paramedic
- Camp Food Service Coordinator
- Office Manager
- Office Staph
- Audio/Visual Technician
- Unit Leaders (multiple positions)
- Outdoor Coordinator and Assistant(s)
- Recreation Coordinator and Assistant(s)
- Applied Arts Coordinator and Assistant(s)
- Music Coordinator and Assistant(s)
- Natural and Physical Science Coordinators
- Computer Coordinator
- Caving Coordinators
- Mountain Biking Coordinators
- Climbing Coordinators
- Food Service Assistants (multiple positions)
- NYSCamp Staph Application
- A Professional Style Headshot
- Cover Letter
- Criminal Background Check – This will be completed after you have been offered a position on staph, but your final hiring will be contingent upon a satisfactory report.
- COVID-19 Vaccination – All staph are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 with at least one booster before staph can complete any work in person. Official documentation of vaccination status will be required to be submitted with hiring paperwork, but your final hiring will be contingent upon satisfactory evidence of vaccination.
The base pay rate for in-person staph is $65 per day for in-person staph. This daily rate is increased by the sum of the following increments to recognize education, training, and experience working in NYSAcademy (formerly NYSFoundation) programs:
- Education Increments (Single increase for highest attained):
- Undergraduate Student:
- Completed Freshman Year: Base Pay Rate
- Completed Sophomore Year: $2/day
- Completed Junior Year: $4/day
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent: $6/day
- Graduate Student: $8/day
- Master’s Degree or Equivalent: $10/day
- Doctorate: $15/day
- Undergraduate Student:
- Relevant Professional License/Certification:
- Current Teaching License: $3/day
- Registered Nurse: Variable
- Other: Variable
- Experience Increments:
- $1/day per year of NYSCamp Staph experience
- $0.50/day per year of WV GSMS Staph experience
- $0.50/day per year of WVYSCamp Staph experience
- Positional Increments:
- Additional increments may be assigned by the director to reflect program responsibilities
If you have more than one degree, you will be recognized at the highest level. For example, if you have both a B.A. and an M.S. then you would receive the increment for having a Master’s Degree. Please note that increments are not cumulative.
Example: A staph member who has worked 3 years at NYSCamp and 2 years at GSMS, and who holds a bachelor’s degree and teaching certificate, would be paid $78/day, which includes the $65 base pay, plus $6 bachelor’s degree, plus $3 teaching license, plus $3 NYSCamp experience (3 X $1), and plus $1 GSMS experience (2 X $0.50).
* Staph is a traditional spelling for “Staff”; our enthusiasm and energy are infectious!